I hate to say this, because Jason Calacanis is one of the biggest douchebags in the world, but he has written the best article ever about Facebook. You owe it to yourself to read it.
* Last year, when I realized that Zuckerberg was an amoral, Asperger’s-like entrepreneur, I told Zynga CEO Mark Pincus that Zuckerberg would try and slit his throat. I knew this because I watched Zuckerberg screw over his users again and again in terms of privacy, and I heard about the stories of him screwing over his former employers at ConnectU and his early partners at Facebook.
* You can only screw people for so long before it catches up to you. The entire industry went from rooting for Zuckerberg to hating him and Facebook–in under 18 months.
* Zuckerberg represents the best and worst aspects of entrepreneurship. His drive, skill and fearlessness are only matched by his long record–recorded in lawsuit after lawsuit–of backstabbing, stealing and cheating.
* We’ve fought for years to create an open web, and we would be crazy to give our future over to a selfish little kid who has no problem stealing any innovation he catches from the corner of his eye from other entrepreneurs.
* Facebook taking people’s topic pages out from under them or their forcing folks into their virtual currency is no different than a dictator in a 3rd world country telling an outside investor who just spent millions putting in wireless phone network that their taxes have just doubled–conveniently to a level that is almost exactly their profit margin.
Oh, it’s good stuff. This Zuckerberg kid is a total monster.
Which is why, of course, we’re about to announce a huge collaboration with him, tightly integrating Facebook into our iPhone OS. We love these guys!
Mark Zuckerberg, I salute you. You babyfaced killah, you sociopathic bastard — do you not feel it, deep in your heart? We are one and the same.
Join me, and together we can rule the Internet as father and son!