In honor of our good friend John Gruber of Daring Fireball, whose incorrect predictions about Apple product events have become something we all depend on, Iulia and Natasha have coined a new verb:
1. to make incorrect predictions with great confidence: Dude, you really grubered that one, didn’t you?
2. to swing and miss; to strike out: I like Manny Ramirez, but he grubers so much.
grubered [past tense], grubering [present participle].
1. one who errs, but does not repent: Sir, you promised there would be an iPod Touch with a camera, and you’re not even sorry — what a gruber!
2. an asshat who blames others for his mistakes; a dicknose: Buddy, you are such a gruber.
1. being similar to or resembling a gruber
2. standing in a position in which one’s head is inserted in one’s anus.
We will submit this to Urban Dictionary, and hope it will appear there soon. Peace, Gruber. Keep up the great work.